How to get off the slippery slope of discouragement. John Ryeland encourages us to be encouraged.
Why not use these questions to explore this topic further . . .
- Think back to some of the times when you were involved in prayer ministry recently. Were there any occasions that left you discouraged by what happened or didn’t happen?
- Other people seem to be having more ‘success’ in their ministry.
- You are not seeing the results you would like.
- You sensed that something was happening, but the person to whom you were ministering felt that nothing had changed.
- People don’t seem to want to make use of the opportunity for prayer ministry.
- What effect does discouragement have upon you?
- How do you normally deal with it?